Essex squash coach and top fitness instructor Gary Nisbet knows the secrets of keeping squash players in prime condition. He trains some of the country’s top players and is recognised as one of the leading experts in his field. Today he offers Essex Junior Squash readers some valuable training tips to keep us all in…
Monthly archives: August, 2014
Peter Barker and Daryl Selby helped Essex sportsman bag an amazing 14 medals from the Commonwealth Games which ended in Glasgow last night. The two squash players were part of the hugely success England squad that collectively secured nine of the 15 squash medals up for grabs, the best ever Games haul by players wearing…
Ben Richardson, Essex’s highest ranked under-15 player, powered to the Bexley Junior Open title on Saturday with a superb display of squash enhancing his growing reputation. The Colchester-based player overcame a competitive semi-final match with county team-mate Tom Bird to set up a final showdown against Sussex number one, Perry Malik. Ben knew he had…
Leicestershire’s Lily Taylor and Kent’s Georgina Kennedy pulled off shock wins in the World Junior Women’s Individual Championship in Namibia yesterday to qualify for today’s quarter-finals. The 9/12 seeds both beat 5/8 seeds in round three, with Taylor (pictured) overcoming France’s Marie Stephan 3/2 after losing the first two games and Kennedy defeating Belgium’s Nele…
EJS Kit Shop
- Lexden hit the road to support World Squash Day
- Stanley Sykes leads Essex junior charge at East Region tournament
- Are you a 200 club winner?
- Alice Green relishing start of Youth Olympic Games
- New Essex Junior Grand Prix kicks off with record 1st event entry
- Which clubs produced most players for the Essex Junior Closed?
- Time to enter Essex ladies tournament to honour squash legend Hazel
- Essex Junior Closed draw…including our first Under-9’s event
- ARE YOU A 200 CLUB WINNER?
- Essex Junior Grand Prix winners train with the stars
@EssexJnrSquash on Twitter