The Essex Junior Squash Grand Prix series over the past couple of seasons has been a huge success. For the 2018/19 season, we have 8 events, covering a wide span of clubs in the Essex County to encourage more juniors to play and get involved.
Points will be totalled up at the end of each Grand Prix to give placings in each group. The EJS Committee will then do the necessary number crunching to provide league tables per age category.
The cost of the Grand Prix series will be upon individual players rather than clubs. The entry fee will be £10 per player per Grand Prix Event broken down as follows:
– £4 will go to the hosting club to cover costs and to provide food for the players, coaches and committee in attendance at each event.
– £6 will go to the Essex Junior Squash development fund and costs for the prize winning event.
If you decide you would like one, an additional one off fee of £10 will be charged per player for an “Essex Junior Squash Grand Prix Series 2018/2019” T-Shirt. These will be available to buy on the day at each event.
Any player entering four of the first 6 Grand Prix events will be entered into the last 2 GPs of the season free of charge.
- GP1 – Woodford Wells – 23rd September 2018 – closing date for entries is midnight on Sunday 16th September 2018.
- GP2 – Lexden – 28th October 2018 – closing date for entries is midnight on Sunday 21st October 2018.
- GP3 – Connaught – 25th November 2018 – closing date for entries is midnight on Sunday 18th November 2018.
- GP4 – Essex University – 16th December 2018 – closing date for entries is midnight on Sunday 9th December 2018.
- GP5 – Bishops Stortford – 27th January 2019 – closing date for entries is midnight on Sunday 21st January 2019.
- GP6 – Colchester Garrison – 10th March 2019 – closing date for entries is midnight on Sunday 3rd March 2019.
- GP7 – Clements Squash Club – 7th April 2019 – closing date for entries is midnight on Sunday 31st March 2019.
- GP8 – Walthamstow – 19th May 2019 – closing date for entries is midnight on Sunday 12th May 2019.
Entry to this series is online only at any time up to 1 week before an event. Online entry will shut the Sunday before the event and no further entires will be accepted to allow us to complete the draws.
The GP series is aimed at players NOT playing or Training with any of the Essex County Squads. Those players training with the Essex Development Squads ARE also allowed to compete in this series.
The aim of this series is for juniors to gain experience of playing competitions against other juniors from around the county and allow clubs that have only a handful of juniors to participate and feel part of the EJS Community. No one, whatever level or age (up to School year 10) will be excluded from this series.
The Grand Prix Series is intended for non-county standard players only.
The committee have decided to run the event categories slightly differently to usual, due to the series being held over 6months, we wanted to make sure players didn’t fall out of an age band as their birthdays came around. Therefore the age categories have been set by school years; Year 4 and under, Year 6 and under, Year 8 and under, Year 10 and under.
ALL ENTRANTS MUST BE UNDER THE AGE GROUP LIMIT AT THE START OF THE SCHOOL YEAR 2018.
By submitting the entry form players agree to abide by the tournament rules and to England Squash Code of Conduct.
At the end of the GP series, points will be calculated to give an Individual winner per age group. Those six winners, along with playing members of the winning club, will be invited to attend an exclusive training session on the 9th June 2019 with a senior male or female professional from the PSA World Tour.
Further details will be provided nearer the competition end.
As with anything on the site, if you encounter any difficulties, please get in touch. Website related please contact Lucie Selby or for questions related to the running of Essex Junior Squash, please contact the EJS Secretary David Harris.
We are trying to streamline our admin and payment methods, therefore we are asking everyone to enter the Grand Prix events online and make payment via BACS to minimise admin and bank visits. Please use the online entry forms below to complete your child/ren’s entry to the tournament and then make an online transfer using the bank details opposite.
Please use the reference GP1 + child’s initials. Each event will need a new reference according to which ones you are entering, i.e GP2 + child’s initials, GP3, and so on.
We would kindly request that you make separate transfers for each child to simplify the onerous task of checking all payments for our Treasurer.