Following the huge success of our new Essex Junior Squash Grand Prix series over the past couple of seasons, the 2016/2017 season has been extended again, this time from 7 events to 8 events, covering more clubs in the Essex County to encourage more juniors to play and get involved.
Points will be totalled up at the end of each Grand Prix to give placings in each group. The EJS Committee will then do the necessary number crunching to provide league tables per age category.
The cost of the Grand Prix series will be upon individual players rather than clubs. The entry fee will be £10 per player per Grand Prix Event broken down as follows:
– £4 will go to the hosting club to cover costs and to provide food for the players, coaches and committee in attendance at each event
– £6 will go to the Essex Junior Squash development fund and costs for the prize winning event.
If you decide you would like one, an additional one off fee of £8 will be charged per player for an “Essex Junior Squash Grand Prix Series 2016/2017” T-Shirt
Any player entering four of the first 6 Grand Prix events will be entered into the last GP of the season at the Connaught Club, free of charge.
- GP1 – Lexden – Sunday 18th September 2015 – closing date for entries Sunday 11th September 2016
- GP2 – Woodford Wells – Sunday 9th October 2016 – closing date for entries Sunday 2nd October 2016
- GP3 – Clements – Sunday 6th November 2016 – closing date for entries Sunday 30th October 2016
- GP4 – Bishops Stortford – Sunday 11th December 2016 – closing date for entries Sunday 4th December 2017
- GP5 – Colchester Garrison – Sunday 5th February 2017 – closing date for entries Sunday 29th January 2017
- GP6 – Epping – Sunday 2nd April 2017 – closing date for entries Sunday 26th March 2017
- GP7 – Maldon – Sunday 30th April 2017 – closing date for entries Sunday 23rd April
- GP8 – Connaught – Sunday 18th June 2017 – closing date for entries Sunday 11th June
Entry to this series is online only at any time up to 1 week before an event.
The GP series is aimed at players NOT playing or Training with any of theEssex County Squads. Those players training with the Essex Development Squads ARE also allowed to compete in this series.
The aim of this series is for juniors to gain experience of playing competitions against other juniors from around the county and allow clubs that have only a handful of juniors to participate and feel part of the EJS Community. No one, whatever level or age (up to School year 10) will be excluded from this series.
The Grand Prix Series is intended for non-county standard players only.
The committee have decided to run the event categories slightly differently to usual, due to the series being held over 6months, we wanted to make sure players didn’t fall out of an age band as their birthdays came around. Therefore the age categories have been set by school years; Year 6 and under, Year 8 and under, Year 10 and under.
ALL ENTRANTS MUST BE UNDER THE AGE GROUP LIMIT AT THE START OF THE SCHOOL YEAR 2015.
By submitting the entry form players agree to abide by the tournament rules and to England Squash Code of Conduct
At the end of the GP series, points will be calculated to give an Individual winner per age group. Those six winners, along with playing members of the winning club, will be invited to attend a one day squash camp on the 9th July 2017 with senior male and female professionals from the PSA World Tour.
Further details will be provided nearer the competition start.
CLICK HERE FOR OUR ONLINE ENTRY FORM