Following the huge success of our new Essex Junior Squash Grand Prix series in 2014/2015, this season’s event has been extended from 5 events to 7 events, covering more clubs in Essex to encourage more juniors to play and get involved.
The GP series is aimed at players NOT playing or Training with any of the Essex County Squads. However, those players training with the Essex Development Squads ARE also allowed to compete in this series.
The aim of this series is for juniors to gain experience of playing competitions against other juniors from around the county and allow clubs that have only a handful of juniors to participate and feel part of the EJS Community. No one, whatever level or age (up to School year 10) will be excluded from this series.
Points will be totaled at the end of each Grand Prix to give placings in each group. The EJS Committee will then do the necessary number crunching to provide league tables per age category.
The cost of the Grand Prix series will be upon individual players rather than clubs. The entry fee will be £10 per player per Grand Prix Event broken down as follows:
£4 will go to the hosting club to cover costs and to provide food for the players, coaches and committee in attendance at each event
£6 will go to the Essex Junior Squash development fund and costs for the prize winning event.
An additional one off fee of £5 will be charged per player for an “Essex Junior Squash Grand Prix Series 2015/2016” T-Shirt
At the end of the GP series, points will be calculated to give an Individual winner per age group. Those six winners, along with playing members of the winning club, will be invited to attend a one day squash camp in 2016 with senior male and female professionals from the PSA World Tour.
Rules, Regulations and Schedule
Grand Prix Series Format
Played on a round robin format with a maximum of 6 players per group, playing best of 3 games, each to 11 points. At 10 all, player must win by 2 clear points.
If more than 6 players per category are received, then they will be split equally across x number of groups
Age groups will be Girls and Boys School Year 6 & Under, School Year 8 & Under and School Year 10 & Under.
This series is for players NOT playing in any of the Essex and/or Surrounding County Squads (with the exception of GU11) and will be open to those in the Essex Development Squads.
Individual points total will count towards overall individual title. Each group will score points as follows:
1st place – 15 points
2nd place – 12 points
3rd place – 8 points
4th place – 6 points
5th place – 4 points
6th place – 2 points
(if used 7th place – 1 point)
Competition Dates & Venues
There will be 7 Grand Prix’s during the season. The dates have been carefully selected so as to not clash with any other Essex event that might affect the juniors entitled to enter.
GP1 – Woodford Wells – 20th September 2015
GP2 – Epping – 1st November 2015
GP3 – Maldon – 6th December 2015
GP4 – Bishops Stortford – 7th February 2016
GP5 – Connaught – 10th April 2016
GP6 – Lexden – 29th May 2016
GP7 – Colchester Garrison – 26th June 2016
The Entry fee for each event and category will be £10 per player per event.
Any player entering five of the first 6 Grand Prix events will be entered into the last GP of the season at The Garrison, free of charge.
A one off payment of £5 will be payable if this seasons “Essex Junior Squash Grand Prix Series 2015/16” T-shirt is ordered.
Entry to this series is via www.essexjuniorsquash.com at any time up to 1 week before an event. (Online link will be active this Friday).
ALL ENTRANTS MUST BE IN THE CORRESPONDING YEAR GROUP
By submitting the entry form players agree to abide by the tournament rules and to England Squash Code of Conduct
At the end of the GP series, points will be calculated to give an Individual winner per age group. Those six winners, along with playing members of the winning club, will be invited to attend a one day squash camp in 2016 with senior professionals from the PSA World Tour. Further details will be provided nearer the competition end date.
NB. Photos will be taken on the day and may be published on the Essex Junior Squash website.
Grand Prix Tournament Rules
1. Competitors must be under the age associated to the school year group they are entered for.
2. Players must wear eye protection at all times when on court.
3. Players entering MUST NOT be training with any County Squash or Inter County Team.
4. The England Squash and Racketball Code of Conduct shall apply.
5. All seeding (if any) will be carried out by Essex Junior Squash.
6. All matches will be played using PAR scoring to 11. If the score reaches 10 all, player must win by 2 clear points.
7. Players will receive a pre-tournament pack (copy of the draw and match times) which will be emailed to all competitors who supply a valid email address. Please ensure your email address is clearly legible. Information will not be sent by post.
8. All players should report to the tournament desk 30 minutes prior to their playing time.
9. Withdrawal from the competition must be notified to the tournament organiser as soon as possible
10. Competitors must be prepared to mark and referee when requested to do so. Assistance will be provided for those unsure.
11. Results from the Grand Prix event will be forwarded immediately to Essex Junior Squash for ranking / league purposes.
12. Parents are reminded that they must not interfere in matches but to address any complaints to the tournament desk.
13. The tournament organiser’s decision on all matters is final.
14. The tournament organisers and the clubs hosting the tournament series do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage, or injury to competitors or those accompanying them.
15. Any misbehaviour will be dealt with, on or off court.